Lip Dermatitis Causes
- Lip dermatitis can be acute, acute on chronic or chronic inflammation of the lip’s thin epidermis.
- Due to the nature of lips, moist environment and its rapid turnover rate, lip dermatitis is usually more common in acute onset and tends to drag into chronic state by time.
- Lip dermatitis is commonly happen in young teenage girl.
What is Perioral Dermatitis?
- Perioral dermatitis is a common facial skin problem in which groups of itchy or tender small red papules (bumps) appear around the mouth.
- The papules spare the skin bordering the lip (which appear pale) but develop at the sides of the chin, then spreading to include upper lip and cheek.
- The surrounding skin maybe pink, and the skin surface often become dry.
- Due to the nature properties of lip’s environment and skin texture, lips like to be moderately moistures to produce the attractive glowing and beautiful shape.
- If you have a thin lips, then filler lip should be considered to volumize it and make it fuller.
- If you have a dry lips, a proper lips stick can be consider to moist it.
- NOTE: Saliva usually worsen the lip dermatitis/ dryness
- If you have a cracked lip, STOP using saliva or lipstick to moist it, SHOULD get it proper medical treatment to prevent it become worsen.
- If you want to have a more beautiful shape, several methods can be consider such as thread lift and fillers.