What is Skin Tag?
- Skin tag is generally a layman term referring to an overgrowth of skin surface which usually appeared like an excess skin tagging or hanging to the rest of skin surface.
- Skin tag can appear as solitary lesion or multiple lesions.
- Skin tag are usually due to aging skin changes, propagated by accumulative sun exposure and damages.
- Is it dangerous? Most of the lesions are benign and not dangerous even thought most of the conditions can grow bigger progressively by time.
- Unless it is growing and enlarging in a fast pace, then a suspicious should be raise for any possibility of cancerous lesions.
Treatment of Skin Tag
- Generally, skin tag can be easily treated with laser treatments.
- Removing these lesions with reserve mode will bring better outcome and results.
- Other options of treatment such as acid dotting, surgical cautery, ligation and surgical dissection.
- It usually takes about one week for young patient and two weeks for older patient.
- Generally, skin tag removal using lasers are very safe if properly done by professionals.
Prevention of Skin Tags
- Prevention of skin tag growth is also very important.
- Using a good medical grade sunscreen with adequate SPF will be very beneficial in long term skin care.
- Sun block is proven effective to prevent UV induced skin damage and skin tags formation.
- Skin which is aging with pigmentation is consider as a very fragile state of skin, adequate maintenance regenerative and vitamins treatment will help the skin to become better and preventing skin tags formation.